Friday, June 26, 2009
I was too busy to bring in the camera last night...
So I got the petcock and a single plug from Scott Craig after driving all the way out to L.A. downtown and on the way back, picked up the other missing plug from Candy so my tank is now fitted, installed, and ready for fluids. Oil bag is mounted, plumbed, and ready for fluid also. I began on the electrical by wiring the headlights back and the taillight forward. I ran the generator wire to the battery. The key switch with one side to all accessories and one to the battery positive. Ran the other side of the coil to the distributor. Zip ties hidden. Shrink tubing in all the right places. Turn the key! Oh SHIT! Smoke! That wire is turning CHERRY RED! AAAh. Pull the positive on the battery. Pull out the offending wire as it's burning hot. Check the paint. No damage. Just some smoke and buzzed up nerves. The wire that ran from the key to the positive on the battery was toast as well as one of the two headlight wires. Hmmph. Where's Rodney? Sick. He would know. I'll try again this afternoon.
- ► 2010 (33)
- Seattle enroute to Manhattan to meet The Bounty
- Two all-nighters and I fired the pan first kick. A...
- I was too busy to bring in the camera last night.....
- controls and whatever else. just a little bit more...
- John Candy working on the paint and a sneaker of t...
- some photos of the ship I will be sailing on acros...
- jun odashima dealing with the clutch basket
- here's a mock-up photo
- Certification for international ocean voyage compl...
- Close-up of master cylinder and video of Rodney's ...
- Setting the motor into the frame.
- Rocker boxes back from Tay
- Video of Harpoon blasting off.
- Picked up cam cover from Tay today.
- ▼ June (14)