It turns out my illness was due to bad noodles and sauce, not deadly mosquitos. That's a relief. Last night was a good time. I got a pass to the screening of the Steele/Machado film 'The Drifter', which was run at the Kartika Plaza Hotel. It was a very nice affair with jim beam served before and after. There was no q and a but I was able to corner Taylor Steele after and pick his brain for a while. On my way over I took a photo of my favorite surfer, Kassia Meador, wrapped on a quicksilver delivery van. I bought a pass to the screening of her new film, 'Dear and Yonder' for the end of the week there at the Kartika. I also got a shot of a custom gas tank off of a rigid triumph that was parked on the side of the road. I would have taken a shot of the whole bike but the owner's friend decided to jump on and tear ass down the street. I was late for the show so I took off after the tank photo. That ran till 10pm. I caught a ride on a motorbike back to the hotel and dug into some Nasi Champur and the new Mario Puzo book I just traded the Dumas book for. Tonight the film 'Fly in the Champagne' is screening on the beach for free at 9 so on comes the deet and off I go. I'll catch a surf at dusk, come back for the usual dinner and hitch a ride over to the show.
- ► 2010 (33)
- I thought I was going to Ireland! WTF?
- A brief overview of the hell that is Jakarta, Indo...
- Could this be the high point of a crazy trip?
- a night out with the international crew and Ricky ...
- drunk australians like fire
- I am having motorcycle withdrawls.
- ...and I thought my old job had management issues!...
- The surf is small but the surf movies are good.
- Off to Lombok and really, really good waves
- this is how long you can sit when you feel like sh...
- the battle with citibank operators
- an interesting change of events
- off to kuta bali
- ▼ August (13)