Sunday, August 23, 2009
drunk australians like fire
I was in Billabong across from my hotel, upstairs, on the couch in front of the big screen tv they have set up and snapped a photo of the row of boards. I was foaming. In the evening one of the employees puts on a recent billabong flick with the directors audio on so I sit my ass down like it's my living room and watch. They don't seem to mind at all. Actually, they come up one at a time and hang out. The boards with the artwork were at another shop and they reminded me of Ross' Morgans painted boards so I snapped a photo of them. He did a shipwreck series one year which was very cool. The two vespas were just on the street. The red one was a piece of crap but the painted one was nuts. This guy had a matching helmet for himself and his kid! There are a few shops here with nicely painted vespas in the display windows. I'll try to get a shot of those if I can. The vid is of the fire dancer guys in front of the restaurant I was at. Most of the nicer restaurants along Legian Road hire this crew to swing fiery ropes around. Without fail, some drunk Australian guy will come up and try to grab one of the flaming ends. The flame guys hate this and I saw one of them hit a guy with an end. I had to get a shot of them. I have a few more days here and then off to Jakarta for a night, two days in Saigon and back to sunny California. I'm thinking LaSelva Beach. I am really missing Northern California. Where from there? I have no idea and that is a nice way to live for now.
- ► 2010 (33)
- I thought I was going to Ireland! WTF?
- A brief overview of the hell that is Jakarta, Indo...
- Could this be the high point of a crazy trip?
- a night out with the international crew and Ricky ...
- drunk australians like fire
- I am having motorcycle withdrawls.
- ...and I thought my old job had management issues!...
- The surf is small but the surf movies are good.
- Off to Lombok and really, really good waves
- this is how long you can sit when you feel like sh...
- the battle with citibank operators
- an interesting change of events
- off to kuta bali
- ▼ August (13)