Adam, Sarah, and I were out working on the lowest fore yard today, which is what the lowest and largest sail hangs off of on the forward mast. We were all over it. Sitting, crawling all around. I gotta say that it takes balls to do this tied to a dock at the lowest height. I still can't fathom being at the topmost yard like the topgallant or royal during a storm at night in heavy seas. In the dark. What the hell? Here's a video of us on the fore yard today. Enjoy.
- ► 2010 (33)
- I have left the Bounty and I don't like it on land...
- painting the ship
- Detail on the use of oakum, cotton, and sealant fr...
- this deadly spider was in the galley (kitchen)
- describing a task
- Doing this takes some nerve, let me tell ya....
- Working up in the rigging.
- A short video of the deck of the ship and the cabi...
- The morning routine in detail and some working pho...
- adam painting
- great cabin and sailors chest
- the days are blending together
- some photos from the ship
- Oh jesus look at this car. FULL show and hidden in...
- Wow. This is really something else.
- taking off with my friends from the Avalon Bar aft...
- ▼ February (16)