Sunday, February 7, 2010

new bicycle project in the works




Instead of going out to the GNRS last weekend, I drove the six hours up to Turlock with Pokey, Joe, and Chris for the antique car swap meet. During our dig for 32 Ford parts, I came across this Monarch frame and fork set. I also picked up the two trophies just in case I am invited back to Mooneyes next year. John at Banzai Machine in Huntington Beach has been working on a 5 horse motor install into a bicycle frame and he has it just about perfected. The plan is to put a motor into this frame and fab a tank and some drop bars for a board tracker look. I am drawn to the monarch for the springer, which looks like a big twin style with front and back legs, rockers, and springs to boot. I plan on dumping the front sprocket and cranks and making some footboards.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet. I resurrected my father's Monarch from a junk pile some years ago. Same frame and fork, he got it second hand in '55. Plan on some major reinforcement of the springer. They feel a little "muddy" to say the least.

    ReplyDelete

the playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers